General instructions to be followed in case of claim
For any claim exceeding an estimated amount of USD 3.000, a local surveyor has to be appointed.
Please follow these instructions:
Provide SA\VE with the following first information
- Type, quantity and current location of the goods
- Container number
- Description of the claim
Secure rights of recovery from third party
Secure rights of recovery by sending the Claim Notification to the shipping line / carrier and invite them for joint survey.
Inspect the goods immediately
Keep cargo properly cooled and safe until inspection.
Contact the surveyor immediately and provide him with important information:
- Address of survey location
- Name of person in charge and relevant contact details
- Bill of Lading and packing list
Find the appropriate local surveyor here: Surveyor-Network
Do not alter condition and packaging of goods
Furthermore, do not sell or move the cargo to another location until inspected by the surveyor, unless to comply with step 3.
Prepare set of claim documents:
- Bill of Lading, Waybill or AWB (incl. reverse side)
- Packing list
- Booking confirmation incl. ETD, ETA and carrying instructions
- Commercial invoice
- Quality control
- Phytosanitary and origin certificates
- Temperature recorders
- All other claim relevant documents